About The Seven Principles Couples Program:
The Seven Principles Couples Program is based on the internationally acclaimed Dr. John Gottman who has revolutionized the study of marriage. After four decades of research on all facets of relationships, the Gottman Institute has developed an approach that not only supports and repairs troubled marriages, but strengthens happy ones. This educational program is designed to help couples build a harmonious and long-lasting relationship, and build conflict management skills. Program includes lectures and private couple exercises. Participants will not share their personal problems in from of others.
Benefits of participation in The Seven Principles Couples Program:
- Provides structure, motivation, and accountability to work through materials found in the Seven Principles book.
- It is encouraging to be with other couples who are also working on improving their relationships.
- It is lighthearted and less threatening than therapy, but may also be a bridge to therapy if needed.
- Helps couples articulate goals, expectations, and time frames for working on their relationship in a positive way.
- Encourages both partners to work on the relationship rather than one partner reading the book alone.
- A great resource for pre-marital couples to learn skills that will enrich their relationship through a lifetime.
This one-day program provides researched-based tools to help couples:
- Improve friendship, fondness, and admiration
- Enhance romance and intimacy
- Manage conflict constructively
- Gain skills to address solvable and perpetual problems
- Create shared meaning
- Maintain gains throughout a lifetime
Who should attend the Seven Principles Couples Program:
- Pre-engaged Couples
- Pre-marital Couples
- Couples from newlyweds to married for decades
- Couples wanting to improve their conflict management skills
The Seven Principles Couples Program is inappropriate for:
- Couples who are in severe relationship distress
- Relationships where there is significant emotional, physical, or sexual abuse
- Either partner with untreated mental health issues
- Couples experiencing infidelity
- Either partner who is addicted to drugs, alcohol, or any other compulsive behavior.
Should you be interested in the Seven Principles Couples Program but are dealing with any of these issues, feel free to contact me to inquire about individual and/or couples therapy.
Core materials will be provided on the day of program: The Seven Principles for Making a Marriage Work book (one book), The Seven Principles Couples Guide (one for each partner), and online access code to How to Make Relationships Work video is included in fee.
Prepare to arrive by
Dates to be announced soon