Should you decide to start the therapeutic process, you will begin with a brief 15 minute telephone consultation. From there, your initial session will be scheduled and runs from 50-55 minutes.
Your first appointment is an assessment and will be devoted to a sensitive and confidential discussion of your concerns. Your therapist will orient you to the therapeutic process, gather pertinent history, discuss symptoms, behaviors and functioning. At the end of your first session, you and your therapist will identify therapeutic goals tailored to your needs.
Follow-up 50 minute psychotherapy sessions are scheduled weekly or every other week for as long as clinically indicated. More often then not, many presenting problems end up being related to underlying core issues.
Illuminate Psychotherapy, Inc. utilizes an eclectic approach with evidenced-based interventions from:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Emotionally-Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Parent-Child Interactive Therapy (PCIT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Therapy (MBSR)
- Gottman Couples Therapy and the Seven Principles for Making Marriages Work
Through psychotherapy, you can change self-destructive behaviors, elevate mood, decrease anxiety, resolve painful feelings, create healthy habits, improve your relationships, increase self-esteem, learn how to manage stress, and more.