In-Office/Video Appointments beginning December 2023
- Free Consultation: A 15-minute telephone consultation is provided at no cost.
- Initial Evaluation: $185 per 60 minutes
- Couples/Family Psychotherapy Sessions: $175 per 50 minutes
- Individual Psychotherapy Sessions: $175 per 50 minutes
- Commuter fee for in-home sessions within 20 miles of office: inquire for pricing
- One-Day Couples Workshop: $395 per couple
- Forms of payment accepted: Apple Pay, Cash, Discover, Health Spending Account, MasterCard, Visa, Venmo, and Zelle.
- Payment is collected at the beginning of each session.
- While face-to-face sessions are preferred, telehealth video services are provided.
- Existing clients can access billing invoices and statements here at the client portal.
Insurance — Illuminate Psychotherapy, Inc. does not accept insurance and is a private practice.
California’s Mental Health Parity Act, as amended in 2020, requires all state-regulated commercial health plans and insurers to provide full coverage for the treatment of all mental health conditions and substance use disorders.
Illuminate Psychotherapy, Inc. may be able to help with insurance reimbursement by providing a “Super Bill” to your health care insurance provider (i.e. PPO with Out-Of-Network benefits).
- “Super Bills” may be provided to those who would like to utilize their health insurance for reimbursement if accepted by your plan (i.e. PPO plans).
- “Super bills” are much more than a receipt of payment. They include items such as the mental health provider’s full name, credentials, license number, diagnosis given, dates/times of service, and fee for service.
- Please check your mental health coverage carefully and ask the following questions:
- Call the Number on the back of your insurance ID card.
- You will reach an electronic prompt; follow Member Services and Check Coverage.
- Before you can ask the representative any questions, be ready to recite you full insurance ID, full name, date of birth, and home address of the policy holder.
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- Will I be able to get reimbursed if a “Super Bill” is provided by my chosen mental health care provider?
- Please cancel at least 24 hours in advance; canceling less than 24 hours or no showing to an appointment results in a full charge of the session. Note that insurance will not provide coverage and/or reimbursement for canceled/missed appointments.
- To gain maximum benefit from treatment, consistent active participation in therapy sessions is vital. Your therapy session slot is held especially for you. Please be mindful to honor your designated appointment time.